Harbuck Keith & Holmes understands that employees are a company‘s most valuable resource and that effectively managing those employees is the cornerstone of a successful business. Our Labor and Employment Practice Group works closely with employers of all sizes and types across a wide variety of industries, helping navigate the array of legal issues that arise in the modern workplace.
We advocate a three-pronged approach – careful preparation, consistent education and vigorous defense.
We believe that the best way to avoid legal issues in the workplace is to make sure they never arise. Therefore, we assist employers in developing sound, effective, and legal workplace policies, procedures and practices.
Simply having good rules, however, is not enough – educating employees is critical. We work closely with employers to create and implement training programs to ensure that employees are well-educated about workplace policies and procedures as well as the employer’s commitment to following the law.
When litigation arises, HKH stands ready to vigorously defend its clients’ interests, whether in court, before a state or federal agency, or in any other forum.
Our Labor and Employment Practice Group specializes in:
• Benefits Disputes and ERISA Litigation
• Disability Accommodation
• EEOC, NLRB, Department of Labor, and OSHA
• Employment Contracts and Severance Agreements
• Employment Counseling
• Employment Discrimination Class Actions
• Employment Discrimination Defense (including allegations of age discrimination, disability discrimination, gender discrimination, genetic information discrimination, national origin discrimination, pay discrimination, pregnancy discrimination, race discrimination, religious discrimination, retaliation, sexual and other unlawful forms of harassment, and sexual orientation discrimination)
• Employee Handbook Development and Implementation
• Employee Hiring, Termination and Disciplinary Matters
• Employment Practices Liability
• HR Risk Management
• Health Care Employee Investigations and Quality Assurance Review
• Health Care Facility Survey Issues, Employee Related Plans of Correction and Survey Responses
• Health Care Labor and Employment
• Internal Investigations
• Labor and Employment Litigation Defense Labor/Management Relations, Union Avoidance, Union Elections, Collective Bargaining and NLRB Proceedings
• Leave issues (including leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Workers’ Compensation)
• Retaliation Claims
• Restrictive Covenants, Non-competition, Non-solicitation, and Trade Secrets
• Title VII, ADA, ADEA, and FMLA
• Unemployment Compensation
• Wage and Hour Violation Actions and Class Actions Workforce Reduction and WARN Act
• Workers’ Compensation
• Workplace Safety
• Wrongful Discharge Claims